Saturday, April 14, 2018

whale kidnapping


Overheard in the children's area:

"Put down the whale."

Ominous silence.

"Elise.  Give me the whale."

Gibberish and wet smacking noises.

"Elise, get that whale out of your mouth!"

A sigh, and then with a more patient voice, "Elise, give me the whale."

More ominous silence followed by squealing and sounds of little feet running.

"Elise, give me the whale.  Elise!  We do not throw whales!"

I know most of you are concerned right now about the whale's well being.  No need to worry, the whale is part of our play space, which is currently ocean-themed, and therefore a rubber toy, and not a real whale.

But the carefree and bumbling world reigned by toddlers is not entirely free of barbaric activity.

After they left, armed with wipes in hand, I inspected the play area and surveyed the aftermath of the whale kidnapping.

When I finally located the injured whale, I discovered a ghastly tear, and worse, a belly bloated with spit.

No comments:

Post a Comment