Saturday, April 28, 2018

Books Rock My World!


I am changing out our displays and bulletin boards for the summer!  The theme for our 2018 summer reading program is "Libraries Rock!"  I have two different bulletin boards going up with that theme and a bulletin board/display that will relate to our new play space theme, which is loosely about diversity.

I finished putting this one up today, but it's missing...everything!  


I cut out a ton of first lines from books plus keyboard and guitar cutouts.  Kids will have the option to paste those lines together on a guitar or keyboard and create a song.  Or they can color the piano keys and guitars.  Or lyrics plus decoration!  So many options!  We will then tape them to the window and hopefully completely fill it up.  If all goes well, it will look very cool by the end of the summer.

I cut out the letters from old National Geographic magazines, which perfectly fit the saying.  Though the letters are not perfect, they look pretty nice and are just as easy to make as it is to dig through the mountain of ready-to-go-letters.  I will definitely be cutting out homemade letters for some of our future displays!

No comments:

Post a Comment