Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Happy Poetry Month!


This is one of two displays in the youth area at our library branch:



I borrowed the popular Poetree idea and turned one of our columns into one.  With a gentle tug each poem comes free, and there are twenty plus poems to choose from. 

After reading the poem, there is a surprise origami activity on the other side of the tree, which includes instructions and supplies to create a leaf monster bookmark.



So far I have had two kids who each chose a poem and then read them aloud with their adults.  One child did not want to make a leaf monster because he loved his poem so much and wanted to keep reading it.  This nearly caused me to faint from happiness. 

I put up one other display, but it's one of those displays that's only cool if I get enough kids to participate, so there will hopefully be a happy surprise at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment