Thursday, October 6, 2016

moth behind my eyelids


The past few months I've been working on my first ever embroidered landscape.  

Sadly, I've called it a loss and am moving on.  I haven't lost a piece in over a year, and it hurts.  All those hours, the slow build to nothing.  And while I learned quite a bit and will use the knowledge in later pieces, my heart feels like it's full of all those endless stitches, going nowhere.  

Thankfully when the frustration began to outweigh the peace, this little moth, which is for sale on Etsy, fluttered into my imagination and stayed.  So I brought it to life.


And I'm glad I did because this moth carried my creativity away from my heavy heart.  I am excited to sew again, and cannot wait to start my next piece.  Creativity is so fickle.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. You know for us voyeurs, the losses can be as interesting as the wins. Any chance of you disclosing -- with pictures -- what happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The landscape piece was looking great until I attempted to sew pink clouds, and then it looked like someone vomited on it. The fabric is pretty tough so I could tear out the threads, but it will be a lot of work, so I'm not sure it's worth it. And I'm far too embarrassed to show anyone.

      Delete