Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!


Robert and I usually spend Halloween handing out candy.  Now, don't get me wrong; we have a wonderful time handing out candy.  But that's it for us.  

Rachel, however, wanted the whole enchilada: carving pumpkins, dressing up, trick-or-treating, a haunted house tour.  

So we carved some pumpkins.  And spent countless hours working on her costume (which, thanks to Rachel's creative vision and Robert's gluing skills, turned out awesome).  

And there was no way Robert and I were going to be caught dead going to a haunted house so Rachel tagged along with a friend, who also planned to squeeze in some trick-or-treating prior to the haunted house.  

Now, after tennis, a 2 mile walk, a couple hours raking leaves, vacuuming the house, many loads of laundry and getting Rachel ready for her big night I am kicking it, eating some swedish fish with Robert and handing out what we don't eat.  I feel so incredibly fortunate and happy right now.  What a good life.

We were all super excited about carving pumpkins.  The best part? Well, as you can tell by Rachel's expression - dipping our hands into the squishy pumpkin muck.



Our final pumpkins!  From the left: Rachel's Nightmare Before Christmas pumpkin, my polka dot pumpkin, Robert's self portrait, and because I lack creativity, another polka dot pumpkin.


Here's a closeup of Rachel's, which was really spectacular.


I have about 43 oak mite bites from gallivanting around the neighborhood, but it's worth it when I see trees like this:


Rachel's costume was a lesson in patience, but she rocked it.  Who is she? Well duh, she's Sollux Captor.  Honestly I'm still not 100% sure who that is, even after much googling.  


In my opinion she looks a little like an Elton John Zombie.  But that opinion just ages me.  


Thank you Rachel.  This has been the best Halloween yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment