Thursday, June 9, 2022

Close

Thanks to The Phoenix Soul for publishing my poem, Close.

I feel so comforted and reassured by these moments of tenderness, and I'm fortunate to see them all the time.

Yesterday, while working the desk at the library, an older couple needed assistance with their Kindle.  The husband and wife were very sweet with each other, and the wife was clearly protective of her husband, who was in a wheelchair, hard of hearing, and struggling to keep up with me as I helped them.  

I asked if I could touch the device and the husband pushed it towards me.  As I was working on the Kindle the husband asked me to speak up.  

"Oh she's just talking to it like I do," the wife reassured him.  And then she turned to me and asked me to speak up so he could hear me talking to the Kindle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment