Monday, February 14, 2022

who has the deadly derrière?

Did you know sea cucumbers’ butts are also hotels? Or that herring have an excellent sense of hearing and can hear higher frequencies just like dogs do? This book is full of strange and wonderful animal facts that will blow you away. Pun totally intended!!

I love bathroom humor so I was thrilled to stumble across this book. It is hilarious, yes, but it went above and beyond my expectations. I thought there would be some funny animal booty facts and I would have a nice laugh and move on. But that's not what happened!

Battle of the Butts is bizarre, hilarious, and superbly written. It is filled with hilarious alliteration – for example, which animal has both a hardy hiney and a deadly derrière? The alliterations may get old for some, but not for me! I laughed every single time I read a new one. There were also so many amazing facts, I couldn’t keep up with all of them.

In addition to the wonderful, alliterative language and bizarre facts, readers can also rate each booty and pick a winner at the end. The clear winner for me is the bombardier beetle and its amazing ability to set off butt bombs, even after it’s been eaten. The book says scientists can hear the explosions of the bombs going off inside frogs' bellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment