Sunday, February 20, 2022

Ode to Bluebird Resort

Another day, another poem.  Thanks to Courtship of Winds for publishing my poem, Ode to Bluebird Resort.

I have spent years writing this poem (apparently it's tough to articulate the unique beauty of trailer parks).  Each time I paused to read it aloud, I never could make it all the way through because I would always start laughing like a maniac.  

Is this poem about the trailers in the trailer park I grew up in?  To some extent, yes.  But it's a lot more than that.  Mostly it's a soup of memories told through anthropomorphized trailers. 

I'm not sure a poem expresses who I am more than this poem.  I hope it gives you a hearty chuckle too, and you think about trailer parks in a new light.  Perhaps it's exactly how you feel about trailers or a beloved trailer park.  If that's the case, and we aren't already friends, then we should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment