Monday, March 8, 2021

Which smushy golden is on the couch with me?

I am still mostly working from home, but it looks like I will be back in the building more at the end of April. Though I have greatly missed interactions with patrons and collaborating with my coworkers, I am also going to miss hanging out with my smushy, sweet goldens. Prior to the pandemic, the dogs were not allowed anywhere near my office. They are still not allowed in my office. Dog hair plus art isn't the best combination.

We have, however, reached a compromise. 

I put a dog bed right outside my office months ago so we can still be close when I need to work in my office. They know the rule and haven't crossed the invisible line. In the mornings they pad up the stairs behind me like little ducklings and immediately go right for their bed (sometimes they stop for a toy from the toy box on the way). Margo often slides off the bed as she naps and will tuck herself as close to the doorway as she can get. Her lips (Robert calls them curtains for her mouth) have travelled past the line, but I can't fault her. Her lips have a mind of their own. I did try putting two beds outside my office but they only ever used one, even on the hottest days.

I have also been working on Robert's couch some, which allows them to snuggle in close. I've started texting Robert close-up pictures of their faces and asking him if he can guess which dog is on the couch with me. As long as Margo's lips don't make it into the picture, it's a tough game.

It's so tough I can't even remember which dog this is.


No comments:

Post a Comment