Wednesday, March 31, 2021

All things sweet and lovely

A few recent updates and happy moments.

I'm still cutting up books and making boards for this summer's Walk & Reads.  This is a board from After Squidnight, which is one of the best picture books ever.


Robert got me a lovely box of Easter chocolates that are already gone (even though I groused about how they were too pretty to eat).  They were the ever-so-fancy Christopher Elbows and a nice surprise.  


We've been having such beautiful weather!  After work most days the girls accompany me to the tennis backboard and after I play for a bit, we go for a walk. Josie and Margo now see my tennis bag and get super excited, which is kind of a funny association.  

This is Josie patiently waiting for me to put my sneakers on.

I've been doing book boxes for Izzy and Harper, another niece of mine.  Each month I pick out books and a small gift to go along with the books.  It's been expensive but so much fun.  Harper and I have been reading together over the phone and it's one of the best things ever.  March was a fun month because I pre-ordered the latest book in a series Izzy loves and it arrived! I also found a pouch with a picture of the first book on ebay. I may have put some Easter candy in it ; ).  Finding books for Harper is definitely giving me a better understanding of early chapter books.  It's surprising, but I have developed strong opinions about a few of the series.  I will never be able to recommend them the same way!


Each day there's always a moment for the dogs to tuck in close with me.  I have a good time sending pictures to Robert and asking him to guess the dog.  

This sweet girl is obviously Josie who is the cuddliest and best dog to have on the couch when I'm cold.


And probably the most exciting thing that's happened is that Izzy's braces came off!!!

Look how pretty her teeth are! She has been at her current placement for almost a year now and we are still seeing her every chance we get and talking to her every day.  She is doing really well in both her therapy and school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment