Friday, February 1, 2019

January Reads


January was a good month for reading so this will be a double post.  I read lots of decent books, mostly about Eleanor Roosevelt, so if you're looking for someone to follow you around spouting facts about her, I'm your gal.  The biographies were good, but this is the list of books that were stellar (sorry, Eleanor).  Enjoy.

The Modern House Bus by Kimberley Mok (adult nonfiction)


A majority of The Modern House Bus focuses on a handful of house buses, how they've been converted to meet the needs of the families/individuals who live in them, and reasons for choosing a house bus lifestyle. There's a tiny section at the end that offers helpful advice for converting your own house bus if you are curious about doing so. While I will never convert a school bus into a portable house, I love the idea of one day taking my home on the road to travel the world and so I'm always thrilled to read about different styles of traveling. I enjoyed the pictures immensely and appreciated all of the clever storage solutions and beautiful craftsmanship. My only complaint is that there just wasn't enough day-to-day information, but thankfully a few of the families/individuals have blogs about their journeys.

Here is a picture of my favorite - a school bus cottage:


We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins (picture book)


Totally hilarious spin on the golden rule. The pictures are wonderful. Lots of dinosaur drool and evocative expressions. Totally morbid, but in an educational, classy way.


Taste of Home Healthy Family Favorites (adult nonfiction)


The saucy beef with broccoli is amazing and just as good, if not better, than my family's favorite Chinese takeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment