Monday, February 25, 2019

Victory


I don't work on the adult side of the library very often, perhaps a couple hours a week at most.  As much as I enjoy working with adult patrons, especially the elderly, it is always a relief to be back on the kid's side of the library where I can do things like sew a puppet back together without too much ogling.

Yesterday I happened to be in the adult area right as we opened the doors.  As I sat at the desk and awaited scary questions about taxes, I watched two elderly gentleman enter the library.  They didn't notice each other at first, but when they finally did, their slow walking turned into what I can only describe as frantic shuffling.

With a sigh of defeat, one of the gentleman stopped, leaned on the desk I was sitting at to catch his breath, and hollered at the other man, "Oh hell Jim, you've got me beat today."  

The other man turned around just long enough to flash a smile before quickly snatching that day's newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment