Friday, January 18, 2019

you never know what you're going to find on the library shelves


Between puppies and storytime preparation, I have had little time for anything else.  Ok, and some mandatory burrowing into blankets and reading.

Today, while manning the desk, I was having a grand time typing up a book review while listening to a few toddlers happily chatter and sing in our play area.

Suddenly an entire row of DVDs on a bottom shelf crashed onto the floor.  I looked around.  No one was in sight.  I stood up to investigate, and as I walked over to the DVDs, I heard some muffled giggling.  That's when I spotted the toddler tucked into the shelf behind the DVDs.

I complimented her on finding the perfect space that was exactly her size and asked why she was hiding.  She responded by staring at me while quietly giggling.

As I put the DVDs away, she grew bold and whispered, "I'm hiding from mommy."  I wasn't too concerned because there were a few adults, including her mom, chatting in the next row and I felt pretty confident her mom knew where she was.  But no matter. I decided to play along.  I asked her how she thought her mom was going to find her since she was so perfectly hidden, and she looked me dead in the eye, and with a volume I haven't heard in awhile, screamed, "Hey mommy, I'm hiding from you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment