Friday, January 4, 2019

10 Years of Gratitude Journaling Part 1


In 2009 I found a special journal at one of my favorite bookstores, Antigone, which is in Tucson, AZ.  

At the time, I had no idea the impact the small, orange gratitude journal would have on my life.  Since May 19, 2009, I have not only journaled nearly every day's positive moments, I also started reading the previous year's highlights once I had a year completed.  Both writing the day's positive moments and reliving highlights from previous years has been an extraordinary, uplifting experience.  Gratitude journaling also awakened my love of journaling.  Since 2012 I started journals about bicycling, work, daily haikus, zen doodling, and a handful of others.  Each of these journals has a zero negativity policy unless it's hilarious.  I also find snippets of poetry here and there in these journals and have even published a few things that began as journaling!   

To celebrate my tenth year of gratitude journaling, I will post a favorite journal entry each month.

It was incredibly tough to choose just 12 moments.  These past ten years have been amazing. 

Here is the journal that started it all:



The first entry I'm going to share with you happened less than a month after I began journaling, 6/27/09, and is drawn by my oldest niece, Izzy, who is now in high school!  I gave her my journal to color in, and this is the artwork she created:



No comments:

Post a Comment