Saturday, April 4, 2015

New Etsy Item!


One Splashy Curlew for sale!!

I had such an awesome time meeting this rebel curlew and making this hoop his home.  Plus it was another gigantic learning experience.  I suspect every embroidery/sewing project will be a learning experience of some kind.  With this birdy I tried out 'blocking,' but quickly learned that I liked the blocks to have little to no pattern and to connect in some way, so for now I'm coining my type of blocking as 'interlocking blocking,' which may change if I happen to discover the existing method in my embroidery how-to book.    

What happened to the gnome you ask?  Well, sadly the little fart died hat first in a violent stabbing incident.  If I meet another gnome in the future I am hoping he will be the good kind of gnome.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow I should have bought the 100+ hoops of different sizes for you. I love your work.

    and remember..... be kind to the gnome.

    ReplyDelete