Thursday, June 20, 2024

running afowl

Recently Robert and I had a rather eventful walk at one of our nearby parks.  We had the joy of seeing a heron who moved around every so often, and didn't mind when anyone got too close.  It was the closest I've ever been to one!  We also enjoyed the geese, especially when they stretched their beautiful feet out behind them like they were luxuriating in the soggy day.  It was a drizzly, humid day, so the grass was extra squishy.  Josie was close enough for a taste of goose feet, but she mostly resisted.  No doubt she'll taste them in her dreams!








2 comments:

  1. "Josie was close enough for a taste of goose feet, but she mostly resisted."

    I can't imagine that you allowed Josie to harm or harass the geese, but this sentence left me confused.

    I give corn to mallards (up to 30 at a time) in my inner city backyard. There's a creek/drainage canal (named the Amazon) that runs in front of my house, so that's why I have ducks--and other wildlife--so near.

    I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting you picked up on that sentence. I said "mostly" because, after sitting so calmly for over ten minutes, Josie did lurch at the tasty foot. But no foot was harmed! We immediately left after that. I love that you have so many ducks nearby. Are they all mallards? - Squishy Tulips

      Delete