Monday, April 22, 2024

with a warble and a trill

I just finished my latest painted papers collage.  I painted lots of paper with colors that currently resonate with me - butter yellow (pretty much always a favorite), metallic yellow, gold, pink, and reds were all calling my name - and without any plan at all started to tear them up and move them around until an idea formed.  Naturally, two birds appeared, but their personalities were a mystery until the very end.  It was a joy to make, and I am pleased with these two beauties.  I experienced a lot of peace while making this, and I think it comes through.

This was the moment in the journey when the top bird finally figured out who they wanted to be.  If you're singing The Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas, you are not alone.  I've had that song going the whole way through this project.














There's always a moment during a project when I look around my office and wonder what in holy tarnation happened.  Thankfully I've never mixed up my coffee/tea with my glue/paint cups.  
























No comments:

Post a Comment