Sunday, April 2, 2023

a bridge

Just like anyone else, I have days when I'm overcome with the longing for others I cannot see or have lost.  I can be having the best day ever and the storm of all that longing hits full force.  I've had a few days like that this week.  I've surfaced a few times and have so much gratitude for the life I get to live, not just for myself but for those who now shelter in the mystery.  

Dogs are such a comfort.  A constant bridge to the here and now.

Just when I think Margo's drool can't get any better, I am gloriously proven wrong.  I often take the girls with me when I hit on the backboard, and they love it even more than I do.  Margo gets so excited she forgets to swallow, and then, if I'm lucky, nothing gets in the way of her magnificent strings of drool for a long time, and every time I look over at her, I see all that evidence of her excitement hanging from her face.  



Jo Pie has upped the cute factor with the toys.  She's pretty competitive, so I'm wondering if she's figured out how much I love looking up and seeing all their toys tucked beneath Margo, who usually hoards them so Josie can't have them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment