Wednesday, December 15, 2021

So much to be thankful for part 2


I took that picture!  With my fancy phone camera!

It's been a glorious fall here with mild temperatures.  

Jo Pie!



The dogs and I have been enjoying lots of time playing tennis on the backboard.

Josie always finds a comfort stick to hold and sometimes eat.


And one day, something truly special happened.  In all the years I've been bringing them to tennis with me, we've never seen another dog on the courts.

Not only did we see another dog on the courts.  We saw it racing to the courts without a leash and it was a golden!  I rarely leash the girls when we're walking to the courts and I just keep their leashes nearby in case someone is playing next to me and the dogs make them uncomfortable.  They just lay in the sunshine like two rugs, so it's rare when someone is uncomfortable with them.  Sometimes rugs are ferocious and scary!


Robert has been blowing/raking/bagging a lot of leaves!  I've helped a little, but I don't like the leaf blower.  Margo and Josie, however, do not mind the leaf blower at all.  In fact, they get so comfy sometimes they are soon buried in leaves.  Like I said, ferocious and scary rugs!


The only thing that's truly terrifying are Margo's lips, which hold a lot of sass and a lot drool.

 

Back to updates!  I had a birthday!  It was a good one!

My coworkers got me an adorable card.



We visited our favorite neighborhood cat, Joy.  We met one of her humans a while back and told her how much we loved her cat.  She was only mildly alarmed by my cat enthusiasm and told us her cat's name is Joy.  We now visit Joy at least once a week on our walks.  If she's on her porch, we'll call her name and she comes right on over.  She doesn't give a flying fart about the dogs anymore.  Whatever little trepidation she had initially, is now just ambivalence or sass.

I was so thrilled she was outside on my birthday. 


We were all pooped from the excitement of seeing joy!


I've mentioned Margo's lips, right?  They are so baggy and floppy and lovely.  Robert calls them her curtains.

So yes, a lot to be grateful for.  It's an exhausting, all-consuming, electric, feeling-like-I-belong-and-matter, kitty-cuddles, new-amazing-niece, feeling-good-in-my body kind of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment