Saturday, August 22, 2020

Paper Quilt


Izzy helped me pick out all the papers and cut them into rounded squares for my first collage quilt, so this is a special piece for me. I'm hoping to get it custom framed once we're no longer social distancing. Robert and I started visiting Izzy, which has been both really nice and also a bit frustrating because of social distancing. I'm hoping we can continue creating things together and have been pondering how to do that while we're still social distancing. 


Papers included in this piece:

* Three chocolate wrappers. Two are Alter Eco, and one of the Alter Eco wrappers came from a friend of mine, who saved all kinds of cool food wrappers for me.
* The paper from a disposable tea cup from Kew Gardens. I carefully peeled the paper off of everyone's cups and tucked them away for the right time. I still have some left for another piece.
* Yogi tea boxes, which are one of my favorite things in the world.
* Dried flowers.
* Perfume sample cards (so it smells good too).
* Shopping bags (including Hallmark's lovely tan and white printed bag).
* Samples from a fabric magazine. Sadly, I haven't found any fabric magazines for awhile, so I've been using the last few I have sparingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment