Saturday, March 9, 2019

spiders and dinosaurs


Last fall, one of my poems, Writing Spider, was published in a favorite journal of mine, I-70 Review.  Please support their awesomeness and buy a copy (Summer/Fall 2018).  If you are family, I may have a couple extra copies ; ).  

This poem is extra special to me because it began with a beautiful spider who scared the crap out of me at work one day.  I asked a coworker about it, because he's a smarty about creatures, and before I knew it we were reading books and sharing spider facts.  We had a lot of fun reading all the spider books we could find at our library branch.    

Also, here is my new dinosaur dress.  Isn't it amazing?



2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Where did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to post about the orb weaver; I enjoy reading about where people have been as much as where they are. (I told the incident of the bicycle crash to Michelle as an example of learning/knowing when to stop.)

    I looked at the i70 website and enjoyed Bill Bauer's work, but didn't see mention of yours. Which issue are you in? Rather than put yourself "at risk" by responding personally, could you add that bit to your post?

    ReplyDelete