Friday, March 1, 2019

February Reads Part 1


February was a great month for reading kid's books.  Nearly every kid's book I picked up dazzled me in some way.  February will be a double post.

Hi-Five Animals! by Ross Burach (board book)


Here's a book you can high-five. Each page is a different animal asking for a high five. Spoiler alert there's an octopus so it gets a little crazy.


Littles and How They Grow by Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by AG Ford (picture book)


I have read this book a handful of times and love it more each time I read it. The families and babies are beautifully illustrated and the sing-songy rhyme celebrating unconditional love is such a sweet message for littles to hear.

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen and illustrated by Mark Teague (picture book)


This is definitely a contender for my favorite Yolen/Teague dinosaur book. The Quetzalcoatlus dinosaur might be my new favorite dinosaur after reading this, The illustrations are particularly funny in this book - flying spaghetti, a dinosaur's nose full of beans, and orange juice freshly squeezed by dinosaur toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment