Sunday, December 30, 2018

siblings, trains, and doll heads


Robert's sisters, Abby and Jennifer, and brother, Teddy, were here for a couple days of fun and awesomeness.  

I made ribbon wreaths for a few people this year. Jennifer's was my favorite.  I wouldn't be surprised if she finds a giant bug to hot glue to it.  Now that I think of it, I wish I had found a giant bug to hot glue to it.



We visited the Union Station and ran into one of my friends, Neal, who is a model train volunteer. He gave everyone behind-the-scenes tours and proved I have the coolest friends (it's true, I do).

From left is Abby, Jennifer and Neal.


Neal and Rachel.


You can't tell from this picture, but they're inside the exhibit.  


You can definitely tell from this picture though. Giant monster humans attack.  Panic ensues in Little Land.  Well, there wasn't any evidence of panic, but it's a little world.  We might have been too big to see it.


Neal is very enthusastic about a lot of things.  He's a brilliant writer (it helps he's a retired teacher and has the funniest stories), he's a movie buff, and as you can see, he loves trains.  Probably even more than Robert, who was absolutely thrilled by all the train talk.


From left: Teddy, Jennifer, Abby, Rachel, me, and Robert


We also ate a lot of great food (my favorite was Habashi House and their greek salad with pickles), goofed around, played games, walked the dogs, and went thrift shopping.  

As you can tell, Robert's siblings are super fun to shop with.  They were overjoyed when they found a barrel of doll parts at ScrapsKC.



No comments:

Post a Comment