Saturday, November 10, 2018

the most ferocious monster


Robert's cast has been off for a week. He's still not weight bearing, but is wearing a boot, which he can take off to shower.  In a month he'll be able to put all of his weight on his foot again!


The dogs and I have been taking lots of walks and enjoying the autumn splendor.





Here's Margo's perfect face.  I mean, look at that face!



A couple days ago I was tugging Ella around in her wagon and we saw a cat, which is a fairly regular occurrence.

What surprised me is that the cat walked up to me and let me pet it.  So with one hand holding the wagon behind me, I reached out and gave the cat some love.

Suddenly I felt two things happen at the same time.  The weight of the wagon shifted and the cat tensed.  There, rising from the wagon like the most ferocious monster you can imagine, was Ella. The cat totally flipped out.  It arched its back, screeched and hissed, and flung its body away from us.

I told Ella to lay back down, and while I helped her get comfortable in the wagon, the cat sat in the middle of the street, regarding us.  That's as far as the cat went.  It refused to run any further away.  It sat there, pretending like nothing happened, and told us to get the hell of its block. 



Needless to say, Ella had a stupid grin on her face for the rest of the day.  Every time I looked at Ella, it was like she was saying, "wasn't that the funniest thing ever?" 

3 comments:

  1. CATS!! They're horrible!

    Leave it to a cat to act as if it's about to be flayed slowly over hot coals while being slowlg lowered into boiling oil only to sit in the middle of the street in righteous indignation.

    Apparently Ella was in on the joke too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I have to admit that the cat's reaction is the reason I love cats so much. I think they're hilarious.

      Delete
    2. I was raised with lizards, turtles, snakes, dogs, a cat my sister adopted, parakeets, a flying squirrel, raccoons, but it wasn't until, in my early thirties, I met a woman who showed me the wonderfully bizarre humor many cats seem to possess. It's sad that more people don't "get it."

      Michelle (catlackeys.com) says they complain bitterly when having to be pilled, but not a one has ever bitten her.

      Delete