Saturday, November 3, 2018

October Favorites Part 2


Here are the rest of my favorite October reads:

Penguin Problems by Jory John and illustrated by Lane Smith (picture book)


Another wonderful penguin book! The sarcastic humor and whiny penguin grousing are absolutely hilarious, but the icing on the cake is the wise walrus and what happens on the very last page. 


The Treats Truck Baking Book by Kim Ima (adult nonfiction)


This is my current go-to book when I'm looking for a blissful sugar coma. I like how the recipes have optional add-ins, icing options galore, and fun tips like crumbling chocolate cookies for a piecrust. The graphics are also very pretty and the book is quite lovable, kinda smallish for a recipe book. I cannot decide which recipe is my current favorite - the plain jane oatmeal cookies or lemon cake. My husband's favorite thing in here is the lemon icing, which can be smeared on everything (fruit, toast, cookies). Next on my list? Oatmeal jammys! 

Kitten and the Night Watchman by John Sullivan and illustrated by Taeeun Yoo (picture book)


Even though it doesn't rhyme, this book reads like a poem - "A crane looks like a huge mosquito. A beetle bumps against the yard light." The story is really sweet too. This is exactly how I hope to find a kitten some day. But I'm not sure my husband will be as receptive as the night watchman's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment