Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July Reads


July was certainly a let down in regards to the books I read or attempted to read.  I read several books that started out wonderful and then fizzled near the middle or end.  Thankfully, there were these two wonderful books: 

Joyful Daily Stitching, Seam by Seam by Valerie Bothell (adult nonfiction)



Packed with many stitch combinations I would have never thought of on my own, with clear pictures and the names of the stitches in each combination. I also loved how ribbon and beads were integrated in many of the combinations, and was thrilled to see flower and heart beads.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll by Abigail Flesch Connors (adult nonfiction)



This is such a fantastic resource for anyone who uses instruments in storytime, AND it also has entire chapters focusing on individual instruments and a few movement and scarf activities too. I was particularly delighted by Tapping Softly with rhythm sticks, Shake to My Lou with maracas, All the Little Ducks with sand blocks, and The Penguin Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment