Wednesday, January 31, 2018

hiking at Cave Springs


We went for a chilly hike recently at one of my favorite places, Cave Springs.  Cave Springs is both sketchy and magical.  It's very urban - sadly there's always a bit of trash here and there and traffic can be heard no matter where you are during the hike.  But I'm very drawn to this place and like to visit at least once each season.  I must add that, even though there' s a bit of trash, it could be so much worse.  I think there must be a group of individuals who regularly take care of the place.

A couple years ago I took my brother, Scott, to Cave Springs and we found this incredible tree that radiated so much energy.  Even though it's a very short hike (if you've walked two miles and haven't seen anything familiar then you're no longer in the park), I haven't been able to find that special tree since.  Though I really want to see the tree again, I'm always a little relieved when I don't see it.  It means Cave Springs hasn't lost its mysteriousness.


The picture below is one my favorite places in the park.  During this last visit, we stumbled across a beautiful round rock, which had been painted neon white.  Written on the the rock were the words, RIP J #33.  I didn't take a picture of the rock because I thought it would be disrespectful.  But I can't stop thinking about the rock and what a thoughtful idea it was.  I'd like to do the same for our Rosie Pie and perch a rock with her name in a special spot at her favorite park.


Ella did a great job at the park today.  Whenever she became tired she simply sat on our feet and blocked our path.  I still really want to get her a wagon and I think I've finally talked Robert into it.  After we rolled her around the hardware store for awhile she became more settled and started enjoying the ride.  It totally helped that one of the employees wheeled a huge display of doggy treats past her and gave her a giant milk bone.  Talk about service!


No comments:

Post a Comment