Thursday, December 21, 2017

two eyes made out of googly coal



My first day in youth services was a blur of cotton balls and glue.  My manager asked me to create a snowman persons display that encourages kids to count the number of cotton balls comprising each snow person.  I was thrilled but also a little overwhelmed.  My first bulletin board!  My first time gathering materials from the many cabinets bursting with crafty things!  My first time using a hot glue gun since girl scouts in 4th grade!

As I was nearing the end of this experience, my manager encouraged me to give the snow persons names.  How does one name the four snow persons in her first bulletin board creation?  I immediately thought of my brothers, and also Rachel, who goes by Alex at school.



The bulletin board turned out pretty darn cute for my first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment