Saturday, March 6, 2010

still a little loopy

Last night was date night (kind of).

It was about 50 degrees last night (surprise surprise) so we loaded up the girls and took off for a drive. First, we stopped at 7-11 for a slurpee, and then somehow we ended up near a whole foods we had never seen before, so of course we had to check it out. Walked out with blood oranges and gingersnaps. FINALLY about 9 we stopped at my favorite Thai restaurant where I almost fell asleep in my food. Apparently you can’t do too much when you’re getting over a cold : )

But it was a great date. No complaints. We spent a lot of time discussing our futures (there’s an ‘s’ because we’re two different people sharing lives)- our education and where we’re going to live. And of course we talked a lot about RVing, which is a distant dream, one I’m still going to hang onto with every finger. Occasionally Robert and I need to put our heads together like we did last night. He is the logical side of my brain, and I’m the ‘take off all your clothes and run naked through the rain’ side of his brain. We remind each other of the boundaries that contain our dreams and the giant leaps that make the boundaries invisible.

I’m in a weird mood today. Perhaps it’s the imposing rain, or the quiet house (home alone for a couple hours OMG), but I think I’m going to make a mixed CD and fold laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment