Saturday, April 29, 2017

a redneck's interpretation of a famous classical piece


Occasionally when I'm scatter-brained I'll tell others that I've lost the jar that holds my marbles and one can only hold so many marbles without a jar.

Mussorgsky's Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks is the music going on inside me as I'm scrambling around looking for my jar.  When I played this for someone and told them this they said "oh that's the hatching song," and I was like, "no no no, that's the one-too-many-marbles-without-a-jar song."

So as it turns out, one person's chick song is another person's marbles song.

I first heard this on a children's album I checked out from the library.  It's my go-to song for moments when you grab your umbrella instead of your tennis racket and don't find out about it until you step onto the court.

This actually happened to a tennis pal, and I can't stop laughing about it.

I hear this song and think, 'Ok, losing the jar that holds your marbles is pretty funny stuff, and apparently it happens to all of us, and look at how pretty it sounds.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment