Saturday, April 2, 2016

Calvin and Hobbes, wacky embroidery & book castles


Part 2: favorite March grown-up reads:

The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

















recently I decided to reread a few panels of all the Calvin and Hobbes books each time I sit down to read anything. I have been savoring this book for roughly six months now. Time for the next adventure! - some days I feel like Hobbes: sure of myself, life-drunk, philosophical. Other days I am Calvin: my imagination controls me. I have so many questions it's tough to focus on anything - once in awhile I'm mom or dad and I'm trying so hard to put on a front and be a grown-up I miss everything. Thankfully there's always another panel, another tomorrow 






Pen to Thread by Sarah Watson


 - the designs in this book are really zany and clever (see if you can find the swan with a tiara) - I love the stitch sampler at the beginning because it demonstrates 6 types of thread in five different ways, so if you're thinking about doing french knots in yarn or wool, but you can't decide, this sampler will show you what each looks like

I Work at a Public Library by Gina Sheridan


- it's no lie; working at a public library is quite possibly the most exciting job on the planet. every day's an adventure filled with eccentric book lovers and information seekers - but is a library a book castle? are librarians book fairies? and most importantly, does the library have self-serve margaritas? this book has the scoop! - it will also make you incredibly happy to be a part of the zany public library world, whether you are a patron, librarian or both

No comments:

Post a Comment