Going to try to do a weekly best moments kind of thing. Although the next two weeks will be tough so no promises for a bit. 😆💩
Not sure who is a fan of The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy, but he wrote a new book. I didn't love it like the first one, but I still enjoyed a few snippets here and there. There was one page that was a great reminder of my achilles journey.
On that note, I officially reached level one of my return to jogging plan. I didn't realize that when I was given the jogging plan my physical therapist wrote a level just for me. Level 0! When I was ready to move on to the next level (finally!) I saw the note on the sheet and had a pretty big laugh. This is going to be quite the journey if level 0 kicked my patootie. 😂
I have not moved from a 16 something minute mile, but man I'm proud of it. Prior to jogging I was doing 20-22 minutes, sometimes slower. I am definitely moving faster.
Work has been much more manageable for everyone. I am officially feeling like I can sink into the work and really enjoy the customers, my coworkers, and the incredible work created in our shop. One of my recent favorite interactions was a small order but oh so big on charm. A proud grandmother wanted some custom ribbons for her granddaughter who won some awards with her silkie chicken but did not get any ribbons. One evening, as I was scrolling through emails and mockups I had the delight of seeing the initial mockup that one of the designers sent the customer. It was too good not to do a quick screenshot for my gratitude journal.
I had some lovely moments this week. I ordered a cafeteria tray for myself at work. I chose the one that had the most slots (five!) and have been having the best time choosing my five things each lunch. I'm a kraut/kimchi/all things fermented person, and it makes for a happy gut. I no longer worry about my very different pickled things touching each other.
I had a particularly tough PT session on Friday. I walked out in the pouring rain and slothed my way to my car. There was a familiar-looking car next to mine. It was Robert! He brought me a treasured cereal milk latte, which is a weekend only drink. Robert said he was sad when he heard it was weekend only, but then the barista said that they count Friday as the weekend. Heck yea!
I also designed my first keyboard ever! I happen to know a keyboard geek, Josh who has made a handful of keyboards over the years. He is not only a childhood friend of Robert's, but he also works with him. He helped me customize a keyboard, everything from layout to how clackety clacking loud I wanted the keys to sound (Loud of course!). The best part was picking the key colors. I wanted to do a somewhat random layout. It's very nerdy how I got a random layout so I won't go into all the details, but once I had all the colors, I was able to go key by key and make small adjustments. I don't have the actual keyboard yet, but I took a picture of of one of the random sets of colors.
Lastly (it's been a big week), Robert and I bought a blankie just for Josie and put it on her living room dog bed. Josie is one of those special dogs that digs around in blankets to make a nest (dogs who do this are THE CUTEST). I've been on the lookout for something that's easy to clean, as close to golden retriever in color as possible, and also still snuggly. We found the perfect blankie! Naturally, Margo, who has an entire boat for her dog bed, took one look at the blankie and didn't understand that it was for Josie. For a couple days, Margo, who loves her boat bed more than she loves her humans, only laid in Josie's bed. Robert and I were a little grumpy about this but did not intervene. Finally, at the end of the week, we walked into the living room and saw that Josie was fast asleep on her bed. The only downside is that she just thinks it's an additional bed to move around. We already have rugs everywhere for the dogs. Now, more than half our living room floor is a patchwork of dog beds.
Here is our lovely jerk of a dog, Margo claiming Josie's bed.
And finally, Josie taking what's hers! (And Robert's foot)
We live very exciting lives here. 😆















No comments:
Post a Comment