As promised, here are a few pictures of the girls living it up. This picture of Margo in one of our neighborhood fountains is in my top five favorites of her. We've done a few fountain walks, joyfully raced through every sprinkler available, and made two trips to the pool that allows dogs. It feels a little weird to have missed about a year of hiking, but I'm still wrestling with uneven surfaces and more than anything, just weirdly uncertain of even small ruts or divots in the grass. I think we are really close to going back out on some trails. The girls are definitely missing out on racing around spider-filled forests filled with mud and burs, but I think they're mostly content.
It's been busy, but I don't think they even know it. They are usually right in the thick of things, tucked against someone's feet. I think the only evidence they might have against us when it's busy is that we don't always pause at the refrigerators at work to give them ice. It's a crime for sure, but they still want to keep us (I think).









Glad things are getting easier, but better to miss the hiking than to hurt yourself.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Not worth it!
DeleteFun pictures. My favorite is the dog with his toys. :)
ReplyDeleteJosie always gets a new toy out any time Robert or I sit down in the living room. They are like her babies. When she has them all out it's usually a sign we need to clean the house!
Delete