Monday, July 20, 2026

Enjoying every drop of water we can find

As promised, here are a few pictures of the girls living it up.  This picture of Margo in one of our neighborhood fountains is in my top five favorites of her.  We've done a few fountain walks, joyfully raced through every sprinkler available, and made two trips to the pool that allows dogs.  It feels a little weird to have missed about a year of hiking, but I'm still wrestling with uneven surfaces and more than anything, just weirdly uncertain of even small ruts or divots in the grass.  I think we are really close to going back out on some trails.  The girls are definitely missing out on racing around spider-filled forests filled with mud and burs, but I think they're mostly content.

It's been busy, but I don't think they even know it.  They are usually right in the thick of things, tucked against someone's feet.  I think the only evidence they might have against us when it's busy is that we don't always pause at the refrigerators at work to give them ice.  It's a crime for sure, but they still want to keep us (I think).




No comments:

Post a Comment