Sunday, August 6, 2023

a relaxing day with the exception of the copperhead

We are wrapping up a two-day weekend, which doesn't happen very often for us.  We spent Saturday hiking, working on personal projects, and ending the day with a much-anticipated board game I bought for Robert's birthday back in June (USPS: The Great American Mail Race).  It took over a month to get here!

We started our day at Dutch Bros and became instant fans because look at these pupachinos!


Our hike was beautiful, humid, muddy, a little scary, hilarious, and peaceful.  I walked away with blisters from swinging sticks to keep spiderwebs and their spiders out of our faces.  



Though it took a few tries to call the girls away from this charming copperhead, he calmly tolerated their dancing steps.  The dogs had no idea what was beneath their feet!  We got so lucky!  I barely had the word, "snake" out of my mouth before Robert disappeared, scrambling through the woods back to the car.  Without me and my spider stick to protect him!


These two rocks together gave me another chuckle.


I picked out my next embroidery project.  I am currently working on four and have two coming out of timeout for another look.  But there's always room for another project!


The game was worth the wait!  Robert had a good time winning, and I had a good time drinking tea and enjoying his return to grace after the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment