Sunday, July 31, 2022

fountain flopping

Sometimes our walks turn into fountain crawls or fountain flopping as I like to think of it.  We have a lot of fountains in our neighborhood and Margo and Josie enjoy them all.  

I fondly refer to this next fountain as Buttcrack Fountain.  It's really a lovely piece of art from the front, but we spend more time in the back, which isn't such a flattering shot of this unfortunate pioneer.  

One of Josie's important jobs around here is to protect us not only from sprinklers but also any water shooting up in the fountains.  We took the girls to a splash pad recently and Josie not only had a lot of spraying water to attack, but so many children to protect from the water.  

Margo really doesn't understand the reason for Josie's need to attack the water.  She prefers to stay away from any kind of water that isn't placid and/or smelly.


Robert doesn't always understand why I make such a big fuss over my Goper, and I can see where's he coming from.  She likes to play ball...by herself.  She enjoys people watching over snuggles.  Ok, she's good with snuggles as long as you're a respectful distance away and you pet her the way she wants to be loved.  She has some attitude issues.  And she's terrified of everything.  If she trash can is blocking the gate in the backyard, she has a meltdown.  If you make a loud noise, she jumps a mile high.  We jokingly call her our dud of a dog.  But there's just something so special about her.  How much she enjoys life.  Her incredible and sometimes startling joy every time I get the leashes out.  She also is the only dog I've met who is content to just be with me.  We enjoy each other's company.  Occasionally I need to stare off into space while I'm hard at work on something, and she's usually nearby, snoozing.  I love to watch her snoozing.  Even she she's asleep, she knows I'm looking at her and will pop an eye open and give me a wag. 

Sometimes we take pictures and capture the essence of who we're taking a picture of.

We were just doing some silly fountain flopping, but Goper's light shines here.

No comments:

Post a Comment