Sunday, February 28, 2021

surrounded by so much color


I finished this colorful abstract piece just in time for spring weather to tentatively arrive. I'm surrounded by so much color and sunshine I can barely remember those early February days that were so gloomy and cold.


This piece started out as a landscape and is still technically a landscape, but the colors I chose for it have nothing to do with the original plan I created. Sometimes I open up my paper tubs and my path completely changes. 

This collage is made with a combination of all kinds of recycled papers including mementos from our London/Paris trip, packaging from tea, food, and hair products, and a few fancy papers that were scraps given to me by a friend who makes cards. All pieces came from my "smaller than my palm" stash and are a good reminder to never throw any paper away, no matter how small.


No comments:

Post a Comment