Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Semicircle Zen

It is so cold here! To be fair, I think it's pretty cold everywhere. I am trying to remember the last day we had sunshine and I cannot remember. I am starting to feel the bummers a bit, but I have lots to be thankful for - warm house and socks, my goldens, and some embroidery to get lost in.

Here's my latest piece:

This is definitely a zen piece because I used good ol' trusty random.org to help decide thickness, size, and color for most of the process. Going into this piece I thought it would fill up after a couple rounds. It took about 15 rounds however, so that was a surprise! Once I thought I was finished I went through and "fussed" with it a bit to bring out the teal and slightly alter the movement of the colors. I also created one flaw inconsistent with the pattern. This is something I'm starting to play with, mostly for the surprise element, but also to see if it snags my attention. It's my rally against perfection. 

1 comment:

  1. This piece is mesmerizing. All of a sudden I see an ocean of waves which Iv nenever seen before

    ReplyDelete