Sunday, January 19, 2020

Happy Things


Life has been a little crazy so I've been behind on pictures. I did a bit of organizing today and stumbled across these treasures and wanted to share them.

Izzy officially got braces early in December.



She has been doing a fantastic job taking care of them.  


She also recently started using contacts and is also doing a fabulous job with them. 


When we've had decent weather we've been doing some hiking, and I am so thrilled to be back out in the woods, climbing over things and racing through the trees like an idiot with the dogs and Izzy.


We officially got a mirror in our bathroom last month, and are now saving up for the lights that go above the mirror. Because the lighting is better in our closet, it's where I usually put my makeup on in the morning.


Well, just when you think your dogs can't get any more adorable, they go and melt the heck out of your heart. When I do my makeup in the morning Margo comes in and lies down behind me, usually smooshing herself against me. She's also been doing my morning yoga with me. When I go from standing poses to floor poses her tail starts thumping madly and she'll army crawl her way over until she's squished herself into me. She will also paw at my arms when I do the dead bug exercise or jab one of her toys into me if I've ignored her too long. For awhile I was calling her Margope (rhymes with dope), which has now evolved into what I consider her perfect nickname, Goper. So she has graduated to nickname status like my Ella Bella, aka Thug Muffin.  

Over the holidays Robert's sister was here, and as usual, we had a total blast with her.


We've had a couple snow days and Josie is a big fan. She's still totally crazy, but I can walk her now without hurting my back. I have also been given permission to slowly try jogging, bicycling, and tennis, which has me wishing for better weather. 


We've had a handful of things to celebrate recently - Izzy's successes (school, braces, taking care of herself, just her overall tenacity and positivity in general through the tricky holiday season), my successes (published poems, completing art projects, and feeling comfortable in my body again). My latest triumph has been creating a move and groove library program for littles that will begin this summer and officially submitting the program information for our promotional materials.  Robert's also been doing big things with his business that will hopefully allow him to spend more time with us in the future. I told Robert I wanted to go to our local kitty cafe and cuddle kitties to celebrate all these things. So yesterday Izzy, Robert, and I did just that. We're nowhere close to adopting a cat of our own, sadly, so we couldn't bring one home. I also spent the whole hour with Deetle, who is a permanent resident at Whiskers, the cafe we went to. But we all loved it. Izzy and Robert gravitated toward the playful cats, and zipped all over the place playing with them. We'll definitely be going back and I highly recommend it. If we get to a point in our lives when Robert's face doesn't turn into a faucet whenever he's around cats, the kitty cafe idea seems like a great way to get to spend some time with a cat before adopting. But for now, I can't think of a better way to celebrate all our small victories together.


No comments:

Post a Comment