Saturday, December 21, 2019

library fun



Here are a few wall activities I've done at the library recently that have been fun.

 

Kids had a lot of fun coloring leaves. So much fun that our teen volunteers spent most of their time the last couple months cutting leaves out and there still wasn't enough. After I took the tree down I saved my favorite leaves and laminated them for a future fall storytime activity.



Currently there's a 'Best Books of 2019' bracket up for picture books and juvenile fiction. We're down to the final four and kids have strong opinions about who should win. 

This was one of the easiest wall activities to make. I used masking tape, which is easy to put up and take down.


This next thing has been the best carpet wall activity I've come up with so far. Kids are always playing with it and parents have been raving about it. So there's absolutely no pressure to come up with the next thing. None at all : ).

It's a shopping cart matching game with days of the week. For example, find the Sunday list and the Sunday cart and put everything on your Sunday list into the Sunday cart. Velcro is how the magic happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment