Monday, October 22, 2018

Ella and the puppy nuggets


Have I told you I've been leash training the puppies?  It has been tough work, but a couple days ago Miss Margo officially made it to Walking Buddy status.  I started leash training them by taking them to the end of the street and back, then around one block, two blocks.  Now we go as long as they want, or until they lose focus.  They know their names really well and also how to sit.  They are learning 'leave it,' which is the command I use for pretty much everything and everybody, from squirrels to humans.  They are also doing well with the 'stay' command.  Though I've tried to walk them together, they just get too distracted and forget their manners.  Because of this, Robert sits with one puppy while I walk the other and then we swap.  Robert has successfully taught Josie how to play ball and learned that Margo likes to fetch but prefers something that's not a tennis ball.  

What does Ella think about all this?  Well, she still gets her wagon rides.  Plus it's possible she may even like the little puppy nuggets.

These videos were caught by our security cameras.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment