Friday, September 2, 2016

wisdom and inspiration


This is part 2 of August's Awesome Reads:

The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney 

I couldn't help it.  My review ended up a bit too long.  It's here.

What I've Stolen, What I've Earned by Sherman Alexie 



Longer review coming!  I will say that this is the most exciting book of poetry I've read in over a year.  And it's incredibly emotional and electric and genuine.

Drawn to Nature by Clare Walker Leslie


- This is inspirational paradise for anyone who journals, no matter what their medium is - For the next year I plan on recording the life of my little free library and the tree it sits beneath. This book gave me so many ideas I hadn’t thought of – such as documenting weather, time of day and any creatures that pass through. I can only hope that my completed journal is as happy and chock-full of beauty, color and inspiration as Drawn to Nature. 

What Would Buddha Say? by Barbara Ann Kipfer


- Excellent advice for anyone, but especially people like me who struggle with composure and articulation. - Each right-speech teaching is just a little blurb, usually no more than a sentence or two so there’s no chance of getting overwhelmed. 
- Though I read it all the way through over the course of a couple weeks I think its purpose would best be served by having a copy lying out somewhere in a visible spot so you can pick it up and read a few pieces at time.

No comments:

Post a Comment