Tuesday, July 23, 2024

a lone review

My days of reading one amazing book after another have all but come to a halt.  The insane amount of reading for my summer class has taken over my life, but the class is starting to wrap up.  I'm currently finishing up the last paper.

Here is a review of an amazing book.  Enjoy!












I think it's fair to say that graphic memoirs are my favorite genre, and Mexikid just rocketed to the top of my favorite graphic memoirs list. This book has everything I could ever hope for in a book - comedy, bizarre family stories that are true, strong characters, a wordier graphic novel format where the author/illustrator does clever things (an example is how his abuelito's stories are portrayed), artwork that absolutely blows my mind, adventure, RVing/travel...The list goes on and on! The cemetery scene was my favorite moment, but I also enjoyed every Little Peepee Man appearance, and absolutely adored the "Meet My Real-Life Familia!" pages in the back. I can't believe his abuelito lived so long!




No comments:

Post a Comment