Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Mixed Media

Thanks to Sublunary Review for publishing my poem, Mixed Media.  It's no secret this is my favorite poem.  I'm so glad it found a home with Sublunary Review.

I have a lot of dreams that take place in thrift stores, garage sales, and junkyards.  My childhood was a patchwork of these places, so it makes perfect sense I spend a lot of my sleep time wandering aisles and rows of bizarre, sometimes familiar treasures, the lullaby of mildew, rust, and damp creating an ache of longing.  My family was always happiest when we were searching for treasure.  Some times that is still the case.  

Often, when I'm dreaming I browse the thrift stores and garage sales alone, but I know my family is close by thanks to the abundance of childhood memories, knick-knacks, sounds, smells, and feelings that fill the dream.  These dreams always bring me so much comfort, even when they are only there as messengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment