Thursday, June 22, 2023

humming with serenity

 I have three finished pieces to share.  

This birdy collage is a combination of various recycled papers.  I used shopping bags for the quilted background, and the bird is made with tea papers, tags, and boxes.  Allegro tea used to have the prettiest leaf tags, which I saved for a couple years.  It's tough to figure out what a rare paper should be used for, but I think the branch was the right home for these leaf tags.


This next collage was created with painted papers.  For a few of the papers (mostly using the cantaloupe color), I saturated the paper, wadded it up, and then hung the wrinkled paper up to dry.  I used both a handmade, wispy paper and a thick paper that I peeled so it would look layered.  It's tough to see all the texture in the picture, but it's there and I think it radiates warmth and serenity.





This last piece is my latest zen embroidery piece, and I used many colors and varying amounts of embroidery floss.  I also used a little bit of just about every bead I own, all different shapes and sizes.  I tucked into this piece while listening to All Creatures Great and Small, and it was a journey of total joy.





All three items are available on Etsy and are for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment