Tuesday, November 1, 2022

beasts

I was so thrilled I had made it past the halfway point of storytimes without getting sick, I totally jinxed it and crowed my gratitude to Robert.  Naturally, I immediately got sick.  Nothing too bad this time around, knock on wood!  Just a small cold that I'm trying to convince not to turn into a sinus infection.  I took yesterday off and was planning to go back today since I didn't have a fever or sinus pressure.  Thankfully, I stayed home, because I've been asleep much of the day.  I tend to get a little down when I'm not racing around doing a million things at once.  Thankfully, I had a couple weeks of pictures to organize and many things to read.

I never know how the girls are going to be sleeping when I wake up.  They tend to get a lot of love first thing in the morning, so I think they are starting to figure this out and have been hamming it up.


Two weekends ago, the girls were ready for baths so we went to a swimming hole (Back Hoof) before the torture.  Josie was such a superstar when she jumped off the dock.  Poor Goper just flopped into the water each time.


Josie will jump on anything.  Before hiking at Swope on Sunday, we stopped at the dog park, because we are forever hopeful the girls will want to socialize with other dogs.  They were both ambivalent about the other dogs, tried to go home with a couple hoomans, and Josie jumped on everything she could.


I found this rock on the hike at Swope but left it for another person to find.  I just finished the third book of the Witches of Brooklyn series (quite possibly my favorite juvenile graphic series), and in the series they talk about dragons sleeping beneath cities.  In the third book the main character, Effie, maybe wakes up a dragon but no spoiler alerts here.  This rock makes me think about all kinds of ancient characters and beasts just sleeping beneath or at our feet. It's a wonderful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment