Friday, March 11, 2022

zipping by

One of my favorite things to do is go sledding first thing in the morning before other sledders come out (I think it's one of Robert's favorite things to do too).  We haven't had a ton of snow this winter, but we've been able to go sledding twice now, and one of those days was today!! You never know what March is going to bring.  I'm ready for some thunderstorms and oppressive heat, but I will never say no to snow.  

Last night, as Robert was falling asleep, I told him that I thought this morning was going to be perfect for sledding. He mumbled something, which I'm sure translated to an enthusiastic yes, and we were both up before five, throwing on our coats and hurrying Josie out the door.  Or was it Josie hurrying us out the door?  

Margo currently has a bruised hip due to a really annoying habit of pushing off with her back legs when she thinks she needs to do something faster than Josie.  She has been ordered to rest for the next week, so she stayed home today.  She doesn't like to actually go sledding like Josie does.  She gets her joy from trying to topple Josie and I when we're going downhill.  I love my Margo, but I didn't shed any tears when I left her home this morning.  

Josie and I had several good runs today.  She normally likes to go a few times and do her own thing, but today she wouldn't let me go down the hill without her.  


Today she even went sledding with Robert!  She's Robert's girl, but I'm usually her sledding buddy.  It was such a thrill to see them go zipping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment