Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Oh no!

I find a lot of scribbles in books at the library.  I also find boogers, torn pages, and the rare handwritten note, letter to a future reader, or beloved bookmark.  We have two full time children's librarians at my branch and we usually each take a section of books each week and flip through all the pages for any signs of damage or other mischief books like to get into (missing barcodes, books that travel to the wrong sections, inaccurate labels).  It's surprisingly relaxing and satisfying work, just keeping the books in proper order.  But I'm always excited to find a little extra.

Today's scribbles were found on a most interesting page.  It was almost like the page knew what was coming, or the page started hollering "Oh no!" once the pencil came out.  To the child, I'm sure their drawing was a masterpiece.  In the book's opinion, it was something far more sinister.  As for me, I had a nice long chuckle about it.










No comments:

Post a Comment