Monday, June 7, 2021

Cheerios

I am now back at the library most days!  Though I have been spending a lot of time setting up Walk & Reads I've been going into the library almost every day.

We've been super busy on the children's side with kids looking for their summer reads.  And it's been nice to reconnect with regulars I haven't seen in a while.  But I haven't quite settled in yet and have been feeling a bit sideways.

Today that all changed.  Today the library felt like home again.

A small child came up to me and told me that something was stuck in the couch and could I help her?  Thinking it was a toy (naïve! Too many months away!), I dug around in the couch and found...Cheerios!  So. Many. Cheerios.  The child was thrilled.  Her mom was not!

The child just squealed and squealed with delight as she 'helped' her mom and I pluck out all the cheerios.  Such a fun game!

I thought I was going to smile my mask right off my face.  

It's fair to say this might be a different story if the cheerios were wet!

It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment