Monday, April 5, 2021

shelf fungi zen

The pattern for my latest embroidery piece was loosely inspired by shelf fungi, and it was such a relaxing piece to sew.



I had just enough of this soft fabric leftover from another project I found at a Creative Hands Show a couple years ago. And by project, what I really mean is project failure.  Sadly, I think the remainder of the fabric has some long-forgotten gnome half-stiched on it somewhere.  I should find it and see if there's any way to bring a half-stitched gnome back to life.

I chose both cotton and polyester threads in the hopes it would be just a bit shiny and the difference in threads would give it texture.  I practiced tracing it the pattern inside of a circle stencil a couple times in order to get it right.  This was a bit tricky but my spatial awareness isn't the best sometimes.  I used a micron pen to trace the pattern on the fabric (no backsies).  


No comments:

Post a Comment