Thursday, May 7, 2020

turkey-flavored toothpaste cloud of love


Ella seems to be perking up a bit, eating a little more but only with an ungodly amount of encouragement. When she walks she's not struggling as much as she has been. We're picking up a pain pill at the vet's office today. Depending on how she responds to the pain pill we might be making a tough decision soon. But she keeps giving me a few wags and still enjoys the cuddles.

In other news I was so exhausted last night I asked Robert to take care of the dogs so I could go to bed early. I think I was asleep before 8. As I was falling asleep I felt like I was suddenly engulfed in a cloud of turkey-flavored toothpaste (one of the worst smells on the planet) and I also felt a quick flash of drool on my hand that  must have been hanging over the side of the bed. When I woke up this morning I told Robert about it. He said that after the pups went out and had their teeth brushed they came racing into the bedroom. Robert quickly blocked my side of the bed with his body and tried to get the girls to go into their kennels. Like a flash of lightning Margo slipped through his legs and came over to give a stern and exasperated sigh into my face before forgiving me (nudging my hand) and going to bed.

We've talked about how similar Margo is to Rose, but also how Margo doesn't have one mothering bone in her body (which would be appalling to Rose). Even though Margo was upset I messed up our nighttime routine, I think it's possible she also wanted to say goodnight and make sure I was in the room before she went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment